Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The inside

I think the first reason to start writing a blog is to accomplish a dialogue. My hopes are that through writing our stories , the people we have touched in our work will somehow find peace within their experience. It is my hope that by doing this, what one person may experiences as pain or loss or joy, provides a form of congregation. Writing here allows another to know that they are no longer alone. It is through sharing these moments, that we as nurses live through, that gives us the strength to perservere. We can then connect the experiences, our experiences with the purpose of why we live and work as nurses.
If what you read touches you and reminds you of another event then please, share.
I have for some time decided upon writing books and articles from nurses. I hope to create a collection of stories some written by myself and some written by other nurses as their interpretation of recanted touching collections. Our stories, some touching, some sad, and hopefully some funny even the bizzare, here in lies the true face of nursing.

FYI A portion of the profits from our efforts if successfully published will be donated to charity. More on this but lets get started.

I will have to set up the rules.
No profanity other than via the storyline will be tolerated.
There are plenty of blogs out there to chat in. Please keep unprofessional chatter elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment